«ԻՐԻՍ Բիզնես ինկուբատոր» հիմնադրամի բիզնեսի զարգացման և ֆոնդահայթայթման խորհրդատու
IRIS Business Incubator Foundation (IRIS BI) has been established in 2019 by “Armenian Caritas” Benevolent NGO and “SME Cooperation Association” NGO within the framework of the “Increased Resilience of Syrian Armenians and Host Population” (IRIS) programme. The programme is funded by the EU Regional Trust Fund in Response to the Syrian Crisis (the ‘MADAD’ Fund), Austrian Development Cooperation and Austrian Red Cross and is being implemented by the consortium led by Austrian Red Cross and consisting of “Armenian Caritas” Benevolent NGO, Armenian Red Cross Society, Centre for Coordination of Syrian Armenians’ Issues and SME Cooperation Association.
IRIS BI provides a full cycle of business support services to prospective entrepreneurs with business ideas, startups and SMEs, that include trainings, coaching, mentorship, networking and access to finance. IRIS is the first business incubator in Armenia that focuses on the traditional SME sector and puts economic integration at the core of its business model.
The mission of IRIS BI is to support entrepreneurs to establish and grow innovative successful businesses by providing full-cycle business development services.
The vision of IRIS BI is to enhance the ecosystem for business incubation and business support services in Armenia through becoming networking, collaborating and access to finance platform for the traditional SME sector.
In the framework of IRIS programme since 2019 IRIS BI has already completed 2 cycles of business incubation and is currently running the 3rd cycle. Within the 3 calls, IRIS BI has received more than 1500 applications from self-employed, start-up entrepreneurs and SMEs operating all over Armenia. During the 1st and 2nd incubation cycles IRIS BI worked with more than 300 participants to develop their business models, around 170 participants attended IRIS Academy (which is an intensive training and coaching course developed for different target groups) and around 100 residents were qualified for financing with grants and loans.
Armenian Caritas and IRIS Business Incubator are looking for a qualified Consultant for Business Development & Fundraising with a proven track record in the field and commitment to supporting the future sustainability of the organization. The person should be a highly organized, flexible and creative individual with strong business development, communication and sales skills, who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment and who is passionate about economic growth and entrepreneurship.
The Consultant for Business Development & Fundraising will be responsible for the development of new business opportunities to improve the organization’s market position and ensure financial inflows, including mapping available local and international funding opportunities, supporting the development of a sustainability strategy for the organization and for its implementation in the initial phase. The Consultant will be engaged with a short-term contract for 4 months, with a possibility of a long-term contract based on the delivered results.
Immediate supervisor: Executive Director of IRIS BI.
- Develop an understanding of IRIS BI programmes and activities (including general strategy, incubation programs, target groups, profiles of the entrepreneurs) through careful research and analysis of the organization and its operations.
- Work with the management, staff, IRIS BI founders Armenian Caritas and SME Cooperation Association; Austrian Red Cross and other major stakeholders of IRIS BI through interviews to understand the overall market trends, external environment and the fit with organizations’ strategic directions.
- Actively engage in the development and implementation of the IRIS BI sustainability plan based on the research done, in consultation with IRIS BI management and international expert where applicable.
- Be in close contact with the international expert to implement the sustainability plan and accept guidance from the international expert.
- Map-out available local and international funding opportunities and fundraising channels for business incubation and economic development projects in general, identify the best match with international donor organizations, foundations, private sector organizations and individuals (both in-country and internationally).
- Map out Business Incubators or other similar initiatives providing business support services to SMEs and start-ups with a focus on economic integration, develop schemes and negotiate for partnership.
- Identify CSR trends in the corporate sector, match it with IRIS BI development priorities and support the Management of the organization in developing and strengthening the business relations.
- Follow the pipeline and develop an engagement strategy with each of the stakeholders, contact them with targeted proposals/partnership opportunities/sponsorship opportunities.
- Work closely with IRIS BI team to develop new incubation projects and products by creating a strong message that appeals to potential donors, partners and sponsors.
- Draft grant applications, cooperation proposals and sponsorship appeals ensuring high quality and matching with the priorities of potential partner organizations.
- University degree in marketing, sales, international development or another relevant field
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in business development and/or fundraising role with a proven track record
- Proven experience in proposal writing and engagement with donors, corporates and other stakeholders
- Knowledge of current CSR trends and priorities, fundraising cycles, proposal formats and application procedures for key donors
- Experience working with business development organizations will be considered as an asset
- Exceptional communication, presentation, negotiation and networking skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Armenian and English
Required candidate level: Senior
All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CVs and cover letters by e-mail to email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 22 Nov 2021. Please indicate the title of the position “IRIS BI Business Development Consultant” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Armenian Caritas and IRIS Business Incubator are grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.